Monday, July 7, 2008

Hagar's Rezz Day

It has been a while since I posted, as administration is a demanding occupation, but Lady Hagar joined me this morning and said "Somebody ought to make a report on my rez day party". Having had experience in such matters, esteemed audience, I knew that 'somebody' always refers to a randomly selected and hapless member of the people within earshot of such a sentence. As we were alone, and Lady Hagar was whispering, and she didn't look like taking up the pen herself, I knew I was doomed.
"But I wasn't there !" I declared by way of Last Heroic Stand.
"Nonsense! I'll dictate what you will write." I refrained from pointing out that this would result in a report of doubtful credibility; our beloved Lady had that "make my day" look in her eyes I have come to love so much, especially when used on annoying gate crashers. So I took pains not to sigh and accepted the package of papers she had prepared. I soon noted that it would not do. Not only was it too long, but it was full of tearful reminiscences of days gone by and some of the details related in it were totally unfit for publication (especially the incident in a furniture shop involving three ladies, two gents and a cheap dress budget). So I took what seemed relevant to the subject at hand, i.e the party itself, and discreetly checked some of the stated facts. As you know from Hagar's notices, she is a changeling, whose exact elf descent was recently revealed in what I can only describe as a will. In this document she was named sole heir of the family estate. Having been invited for an offical reception in the property, our Madame decided to extend this invitation to members and friends and use the opportunity to have a rez day ball.
I have seen pictures and , to be honest, words like 'opulence', 'decadence' and 'exotic' sprang to mind. Hardly the 'country estate' that was referred to. Such blatant richesse is not my cup of tea, but the guests were all lyrical in their descriptions, so I will refrain from further comment.
The garden, on the other hand, was truly magnificent, and lent itself perfectly for the ball. The company also indulged itself wandering around the large , open aired halls, with its dance halls, pools, parlours and throne room. There were also rumours about a hidden basement, but Lady hagar didn't allow the company to investigate. Which brings us to the weirdest aspect of the event : Lady Hagar's determination to view the place as a fairy tale palace. The open shower in the garden was a 'rain shelter ', the hottub a 'tropical aquarium', the glass floor of the dance hall that left nothing to the imagination as to what could be discerned from below, a 'lifelike picture of the garden'. The woman even invented a new and quite large species of bird to fit in the slave cages in the throne room. We can only guess at the explanation she would have conjured up to explain the horrid bed in the tower room. But it never came to that, fortunately. I guess we all secretly dream of being revealed as the kidnapped daughter (or son) of a mighty prince, and when this dream unexpectedly materialized for the otherwise levelheaded Madame, she went to extreme lengths to protect this fantasy. As to me, it seems that Hagar's family seems to have enjoyed their wealth.

All in all, it added to the general amusement. People danced , they rested on the many seats and chatted about the past year. Lady hagar had hidden three special copies of the replublished first issue of the original "Pearl Magazine" and these were duly hunted down and found. All participants acknowledged that it was a fantastic event.
Which is sufficient in its own right. I will therefore conclude with a word from the lady herself :
" I heartily thank everyone that turned up at my rez day. Special thanks go to Lady Suzee, Mister BH, Mister SM, Lord S, sir P, Lady Olivea, Lady Keyah, Baylee, TW and Bunny who showered this undeserving changling with gifts, and to Lady Anske who lent us het dance poseballs. I also dedicate my party to anyone that had let his or her rez day pass unnoticed before mine. A great and heartfelt (and OOC) thank you goes to Rikki Falworth, who graciously allowed us to use her property to stage the event. I am very glad she returned to enjoy SL once more."

Text by Lady Hagar, vigorously adapted by Lady Pearl. Pictures by Lady Olivea.

No comments: